Private Activity Bond Allocation
Rental housing provided through HUD and USDA contracts is a vital resource for some of the state’s most vulnerable households. The tax-exempt bond program with 4% floating credits helps provide this housing. Hillcrest Manor Apartments in Leavenworth is a recent preservation development that rehabilitated 95 senior housing units. The project preserved 89 one-bedroom and five two-bedroom apartments. This redevelopment provides well-maintained, affordable homes for community members with limited housing opportunities.
Private Activity Bonds provide low interest, long-term financing options for developers and businesses. This tax-exempt bond program provides 4% floating tax credits, which provide a source of equity to the developer, allowing them to offer lower rental rates to serve low-income households.
Federal funding allocated through the state’s Private Activity Bond Authority
How To Apply
KHRC will accept applications for 4% LIHTCs and Private Activity Bonds three times per year.
- January 6, 2023 – 4% LIHTC Preliminary and Full Application Due Date
- March 17, 2023 – 4% LIHTC Application Approval Announcement
- April 14, 2023 – 4% LIHTC Preliminary and Full Application Due Date
- June 23, 2023 – 4% LIHTC Application Approval Announcement
- July 14, 2023 – 4% LIHTC Preliminary and Full Application Due Date
- September 22, 2023 – 4% LIHTC Application Approval Announcement