HUD obligated HOME-ARP funds to KHRC in the amount of $22,929,650 on September 20, 2021. This program is part of the American Rescue Plan Act, which became law on March 11, 2021.
HOME-ARP is designed to support specific Qualifying Populations, as follows:
- At Risk of Homelessness
- Fleeing, or Attempting to Flee, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking, or Human Trafficking
- Other Populations
- Other Families Requiring Services or Housing Assistance to Prevent Homelessness
- At Greatest Risk of Housing Instability
- Veterans, and families that include a veteran family member, that meet the criteria for one of the qualifying populations described above are eligible to receive HOME-ARP assistance
HOME-ARP eligible activities include:
- Development and support of affordable housing
- Supportive services
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Acquisition and development of non-congregate shelter units
- Up to 10% of funds can be designated for operating and capacity building expenses for nonprofits carrying out HOME-ARP activities.
KHRC’s HOME-ARP Allocation Plan was approved by HUD in January 2023 and is available for review on this page under Documents | Forms | Resources. KHRC released the HOME-ARP Preliminary Application and Request for Proposal (RFP) on Monday, June 26, 2023 and will accept Preliminary Applications on Monday, September 18, 2023 by 5:00pm.
Preliminary Applications are due to
by Monday, September 18, 2023 at 5:00pm.
For questions regarding Rental or Non-Congregate Shelter (NCS) projects, contact:
HOME-ARP Program Manager
For questions regarding Supportive Services projects,
ESG/HOME-ARP Program Manager
For questions regarding Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) projects:
ESG / HOME-ARP Program Specialist
For general questions:
The assessment process is expected to extend throughout 2021, with the final report’s delivery anticipated in December 2021.
Local & Government Studies
Has your community conducted a local housing study, survey, or needs assessment? If so, please share it with us! Your input will help guide our work
Documents | Forms | Resources
Join our mailing list to keep up on the state’s latest housing news.
Director of Housing Development