Qualified Allocation Plan
In 2020, our team embarked on a collaborative, thorough, and transparent process to revise our Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP), which guides how tax credits and housing resources are allocated across the state. The plan hadn’t been revised in some time and was long overdue for updates. Our goal in this process was two-fold: to ensure that our plan is consistent with KHRC’s Core Values and industry best practices, and to refine our housing development initiatives to better serve our stakeholders, housing partners, and communities. The revision process is now complete, and the 2021 QAP is now available below.
This process would not have been possible without the support and partnership of our housing partners and stakeholders. We offer our sincere thanks to each stakeholder who met with our team to discuss your experience with our housing development programs, who shared thoughtful feedback and suggestions throughout the revision process, who participated in our public meetings and hearings, and who carefully reviewed our drafts and offered insights. This process was a truly collaborative effort thanks to your active participation and engagement.
We welcome your feedback as we implement the new plan, and we look forward to collaborating with you as we continue to improve affordable housing development in the state of Kansas.
- April 17: Draft topics posted online, emailed to stakeholders
- May 10: Public input period closes
- May 21, 1:00 p.m.: Online meeting to discuss 2021 draft QAP and program recommendations. Review the agenda.
- July 31: Draft QAP released
- August 5: Draft QAP informational meeting: View presentation | View Summary of Changes
- August 24 – 28: August 24 – 28: Kansas Housing Conference – Online!
- August 28: Initial comments, responses posted online
- September 1: Public hearing
- September 18: Final comments due
- September 30: Final 2021 QAP published
- January 22: Preliminary Applications Due
- February 26: Invitation to Submit Full LIHTC Applications
- May 7: Full LIHTC Applications Due
Users must provide a name and valid email address to access video content.