The Kansas Homeowner Assistance Fund (KHAF) program provides financial assistance for past-due mortgages, property taxes, homeowner association fees, utility costs, and internet / broadband payments to homeowners financially impacted by the COVID pandemic. Homeowners apply through an online process. If the application is approved, KHAF funds are sent directly to lenders, helping homeowners receive aid as quickly as possible. Participation by the loan servicer is required.
Here’s how to participate:
Register by submitting the forms available below in the Lender Registration section.
Refer delinquent or at-risk customers to the KHAF program to see if they qualify and help them apply. Homeowners in this situation may be overwhelmed. Your guidance is crucial to help them back to stable footing.
All participating lenders and servicers must register with the KHAF program in order to receive funds.
- Complete the following forms and email them to KansasHAF.Onboarding@wittobriens.com.
- Once your documentation is received, Witt O’Brien’s will send you a registration link to complete your set up for payments, as well as an invitation to join the KHAF Loan Servicer Webinar.
- Participate in the Loan Servicer Webinar to learn how to use the Loan Servicer Portal.
The KHAF program is administered by Kansas Housing Resources Corporation, with Witt O’Brien’s performing service delivery.
LENDER PARTICIPATION IS VITAL
Loan Servicer Webinar
Attend a webinar training session to learn how to use the lender portal, available weekly on Wednesday at 2 pm Central time. The portal is easy to use and includes online help documents and videos to assist you.
The webinar will include:
- An overview of the HAF Program
- Loan servicer onboarding information
- A live demonstration and training in the Loan Servicer Portal and
- Technical guidance on the submission of data contained in the Common Data File (CDF).
After attending the webinar and providing onboarding information, loan servicers will be provided with login information for the Loan Servicer Portal.